This is a long read so please settle down, maybe grab a beverage!
Information I Collect
- To fulfil your requests, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the services that you require.
- The legal bases I rely on to collect, use, and share personal information
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business.
We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services such as subcontractors . We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws
We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
We will generally keep your data for the following time period: 5 years.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions.
As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Dropbox is Privacy Shield certified.
We also use Mail Chimp as our Newsletter platform and it is also privacy Shield Certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, Restrict, Delete
You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Lucy Benton (Admin & Marketing Manager), am the data controller of your personal information.